Friday, April 12, 2013

A FLITTERING THING

This is just a little something I've been working on while walking across campus.  Poetry is definitely not my area of expertise--I much prefer literary analyses--, but i thought I'd give it a shot.  As a twelve-year-old, I would write moping, depressing poetry that was just terrible.  I threw it in the recycling as soon as I found it because it wasn't even worth the nostalgia.  This is a little less clueless-twelve-year-old-esque.


A Flittering Thing

An idea is a flittering thing
Still warm as it claws against the leaden curve
Of its newfound form and newly hated shape,
Bent to fit a foreign shackle
And too far from its native conception to offer up its voice,
But only more determined than before,
Scratched into being
By the dripping edge of the pen

No comments:

Post a Comment