Wednesday, April 10, 2013

THE NAME OF THE BLOG

I decided to start a blog two months ago and was on the look out for a name.  Sitting in Scott Samuelson's English 314 class, I found the perfect phrase.  Someone had asked a question about writing and Brother Samuelson gave him a very detailed answer, ending with this gem: "Consider yourself educated."  

Don't worry, the point of looking at this little phrase everyday is not to boast; I know that I'm not here to educate YOU.  But, there is something quirky about education itself, isn't there?  For me, an almost college grad, I could look at myself and think, "My, you are so educated," but that idea would be prove that I was further away from true knowledge than I could even comprehend.  This title is to remind myself that I am very, very far away from being educated and that such a gap is okay.

On that note, check out this fantastic article (and expect a post about it soon!): "Unskilled and Unaware of it" (Kruger & Dunning)

No comments:

Post a Comment